Reading my stories aloud and recording them for you to hear is big fun for me. First of all, I know many people enjoy hearing my stories read aloud, and second of all, performing my prose allows me to be an actor without the fear of forgetting my lines. Heaven. Thirdly, I get to share with listeners the manner in which the words came to me (the way I first heard them), complete with all the pauses, the emphases, the quickenings, and the slowings. Fourthly, bringing my stories to life in audio form gives them new life, and that is the biggest fun of all.
I am currently reading more of my novels for the audio audience, as well as composing and performing transitional music for the intervals between chapters. You can hear a sample of this sort of transitional music in The Double. Under the Table Books (12 hours of audio!) and Ruby & Spear have now joined Inside Moves and Buddha In A Teacup at Audible.com and iTunes, with excerpts available on this Listen page.
- An hour-long sample from Ruby and Spear.
- A fifty-minute sample from Under the Table Books.
- “The Double” a story which was published in the Anderson Valley Advertiser, but is not part of any of his collections.
- “What Comes Around”, a meditation for solo piano, composed and performed by Todd.
- “The Beggar” from Buddha in a Teacup
- “Dying” from Buddha in a Teacup
- “Humility” from Buddha in a Teacup
- “Beginning Practice” from Buddha in a Teacup
- “The News” is a part of both the audio CD I Remember You, and the novel Under the Table Books.
- The first four chapters of Inside Moves.
For samples from the music CDs, visit each CD's page: